Wednesday, March 6, 2013

If you live in a city, you don't need a car | Joanna Moorhead | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

If you live in a city, you don't need a car | Joanna Moorhead | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk: "Eight months on, I wonder whether we'll ever own a car again. The idea that you "have" to own a car, especially if you live in a city, is all in the mind. I live – and many other city-dwellers do too – in a community that has never been better served by public transport, and yet car ownership has never been higher. We wring our hands, as the RAC is doing today, over rising car costs, but we'd be better off asking something much more basic. Do I really need a car? The answer, for me, turned out to be no, and I'm a lot richer because I dared to ask the question."

'via Blog this'