Monday, April 28, 2014

Traffic on my 7.2 km long way to work on friday, April 25, 2014 from 6am to 8am



I was really surprised at the outcome of my traffic count on this only 7.2 km long way from my home to my work place. I counted an incredible 682 cars, 8 half-empty or completely empty buses, 12 trucks, 3 motorcyclists and just 3 bicyclists and 2 pedestrians.




That's what the structure of traffic (including pedestrians and drivers) should look like on this part of the road -- or in the world for that matter -- if we truly want to do something about what we always talk about yet take too little action: saving energy and fossil resources, clean the air, lessen the consequences of climate change and especially improving our health. It's imperative that we step from words to personal actions. Immediately. All of us.